The 2017 AMA Hillclimb Grand Championship is just around the corner, with hundreds of class entries from riders all around the country! If you haven't been to one of our events before, here's a quick rundown of some of the info you may need:
- This national championship event is on August 5th & 6th, 2017
- Gates open at 6:00AM both days
- Racing starts at 8:00AM both days, and goes all day
- The first-ever Verticross National Championship will be at the end of the regular classes on Saturday
- The one-run King of the Hill shootout will be at the end of the regular classes on Sunday
- There are classes for motorcycles, ATVs, and youth riders
- Kids as young as 4 years old on 50cc bikes!
- Open-class machines with ground-shaking horsepower - sometimes as big as 2,500cc!
- ATVs run first thing in the morning - then youth classes, then the motorcycle classes
- Admission is $10 per person per day
- Kids 5 and under are free!
- If you ride your motorcycle to the event, it's only $10 per bike (covers the rider and a passenger, maybe one more in a sidecar)!
- Food and drinks are available on-site
- There is some bleacher seating and a few picnic tables by the concession stand, but it's probably a good idea to bring a lawn chair if you can
- Signs will be posted to the event grounds from downtown Red Wing on race day - or check out our Directions page
- Bring your camera, some sunscreen, and your friends!
If you have any questions prior to the event, please feel free to Contact Us - see you soon!